Hakka Noodles | Veg Hakka Noodles
A favorite Indo-Chinese fusion noodles recipe prepared in Hakka style with vegetables and sauces.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- Hakka Noodles - 2 packets I used two 5.3 oz pack
- Garlic Cloves - 2
- Green Onions - 4
- Mixed Vegetables - 1 cup I used cabbage, carrot, beans and bell peppers
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Rice Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Green Chili - 2
- Sweet Chili Sauce - 1/2 tsp optional
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Water for cooking the noodles
- Peanut Oil - 2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Sesame Oil - 1 tsp
Prep - Work:
I usually follow the instruction mentioned in the noodles packet for cooking it.
Bring about 1 quart of water to boil. Add a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp of peanut oil.
Add the noodles and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the water. Immediately run it through cold water to stop cooking. Set this aside.
Cut all the vegetables and set aside.
Heat a pan or wok and add the two tsps of peanut oil. When the oil is hot, add the chopped garlic and let it turn slightly brown.
Then add the green onions and green chilies and cook for a couple of minutes.
Next, add the vegetable juliennes and salt. Mix and saute it over a high flame for two minutes.
After that, add the soy sauce, vinegar, and sweet chili sauce and let the veggies cook for two more minutes.
Now add the cooked noodles and one tsp of sesame oil and toss the noodles if possible or gently fold them in.
Let it cook for two more minutes, and that's it. Veg Hakka noodles are ready.
Serve it hot with your favorite gravy or ketchup.
- Make sure you cook the noodles aldente.
- Adjust the salt, spices, and sauces as per your preference.
- Do not add more than 1/2 cup of vegetables for one pack of noodles.
- Adding both sesame and peanut oil gives nice flavor but you can opt for either one.
- But as I mentioned in fried rice, I would prefer an oil with a high smoke point.