LET'S GET STARTED
– Veggie Hakka Noodles - 1 packet 150gms / 5.3 oz packet – Chopped Onion - ¼ cup – String Beans - 5 to 6 – Carrot - 1 – Chopped Cabbage - ¼ cup – Spring onions - 2 + for garnishing – Cilantro - 2 tbsps – Sweet Chilli Sauce - 3 tbsps – Garlic cloves - 2 – Soy Sauce - 2 tsps – Vegetable broth - 4 cups – Dal Water - 1 cup Optional, regular water can be added instead – Oil - 2 tsps – Cumin powder - ½ tsp – Garam Masala - ¼ tsp – Salt - 1.5 tsps
– Cook the noodles as per the instruction and set aside. Make sure the noodles are al-dente. – Chop the vegetables and set aside.
– Heat a wok or pan and add oil. (Basically wide pan) – Once the oil is hot, add the chopped onion and garlic. – Once the onion turns translucent, add the other chopped veggies (beans, carrots, cabbage and green onions) and salt.
– Mix them well and cook for couple of minutes. – Now add garam masala, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and mix well. – Add the dal water and vegetable broth. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
– After 5 minutes, add the chopped cilantro and mix well and simmer it again for 4 to 5 minutes. – Finally add the cooked noodles and cumin powder. Mix them well and let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. – Check for salt and spice at this stage and adjust accordingly. (Instead adding chili sauce, pepper powder can be added) – That’s it. Turn off the heat and thukpa is ready. :-) Serve hot with green onion garnishing.