LET'S GET STARTED
– Wash the flattened rice thoroughly and drain the water.
– Now sprinkle ½ cup of water and let it sit for 8 to 10 minutes. A minimum of 5 minutes is sufficient.
– After around 5 minutes, you can start the tempering/seasoning process. – Heat a pan or kadai and add the coconut oil. – When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, and chopped green chili. Let the mustard seeds splutter and then add the curry leaves—Fry for 30 seconds.
– Reduce the heat to medium-low. Now add the flattened rice. (flattened rice would have absorbed all the water that you sprinkled by now) Add the salt and gently mix.
– Immediately add the coconut and gently mix. And turn off the heat.
– That’s it. Aval upma is ready. Serve warm with sugar or pickle.
Hello all, I am Srividhya 👋 Vidhya's Vegetarian Kitchen is all about vegetarian and vegan food with unique and exciting recipes from all over the world.