LET'S GET STARTED
1 h 38 m
– Rinse the millet at at least 4 to 5 times. Make sure you wash the millets until the water becomes clear. Add the millet to the inner pot, followed by 1.5 cups of water and ¼ tsp gingelly oil. (optional)
– Place the inner pot inside the Instant Pot. Now close the Instant Pot. Make sure the sealing ring is in place and set the vent to the sealing position. Press the pressure cook / manual button and set the cooking time as 2 minutes at high-pressure.
– Now press the delay start/timer and select 1 hour. You can soak the millets separately also. When the cooking is complete, release the pressure naturally.
– When the pressure is all released, carefully open the lid.
– Let the millets cool and fluff it with a fork. Initially, it will look clumpy and sticky, but as it cools down, it becomes grainy and not sticky. Once it's cooled down, feel free to fluff the millets with your hand.
– Transfer it to a serving bowl and serve it warm. As we add oil, nothing sticks in the inner pot.
Hello all, I am Srividhya 👋 Vidhya's Vegetarian Kitchen is all about vegetarian and vegan food with unique and exciting recipes from all over the world.