Almond Kulfi | Badam Kulfi
Rich and Creamy kulfi/ice cream prepared with almonds, pistachios, milk/cream and condensed milk.
Prep Time8 hrs
Cook Time8 hrs 20 mins
Total Time16 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 12 kulfi
- 1 cup Almonds approx 45 to 50 almonds
- 1/2 cup Milk 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup
- 2 tbsps Luke warm milk
- a pinch Saffron
- 5 tbsps Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 15 Pistachios
- 1 can Condensed milk 14 oz
Prep - work:
Blanch the almond in your preferred way as mentioned above. I soaked it overnight and peeled the skin.
Then grind the almonds with 1/4 cup of milk and set aside.
Add the pinch of saffron to 2 tbsps of milk and let it soak for about 15 minutes.
Remove the pistachios from the shell and dry roast them for a couple of minutes. Grind it coarsely and set aside.
Add 1/4 cup of milk, condensed milk and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it for 1 minutes. This helps the condensed milk to blend well.
Now add the ground almonds, saffron milk mix, cardamom powder, 2 tbsps of ground pistachios and whisk all the ingredients well.
The kulfi mix is ready.
Now pour this kulfi mix into your favorite molds. Fill 3/4 of the molds. I used paper cups, silicone molds, and plastic molds.
Freeze it for at least 8 hours. If using paper cups, after 2 hours insert the ice - cream. But it's not mandatory if you are serving in the cup as is.
After 8 hours, remove the kulfi from the plastic and silicone molds by running through the tap water. For the paper cups, just tear the paper off.
Drizzle the ground pistachios and serve.
- Traditional malai can be used instead of heavy whipping cream, or you can replace it with milk. Malai or heavy cream adds richness to the kulfi. I used 2% milk for this recipe.
- Instead of pistachios, other nuts can be used as per your preference. I did not add any extra sugar.
- If you need more sweetness, add sugar as required. Filling 3/4 of the kulfi molds helps in removing the kulfi from the molds easily.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 0.6mg