Sindhi Veg Biryani | Instant Pot Version
Sindhi Veg Biryani - A spicy and a delicious biryani from the province of Sindh made with vegetables in Instant Pot.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Soaking Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 tomato roughly chopped
- 2 green chilies slit
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3 potatoes cut into big cubes
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into rounds
- 5 beans edges trimmed and cut into approx 1.5 or 2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp Sindhi Biryani masala heaped or approx 25 gms of the MDH Sindhi biryani masala
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 cup basmati rice soaked for 20 minutes and drained
- 1.25 cups water
Set the Instant Pot in saute mode and when the display shows hot, add the oil.
After 30 to 35 seconds, add the chopped and green chili and cook for two minutes.
Then add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for one more minute. Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook again for two more minutes. By now the onion would be soft and translucent.
Add all the vegetables - potatoes, carrot, and beans, also the Sindhi biryani masala and salt and mix.
Then add the yogurt and mix thoroughly. Make sure to scrape the bottom.
Now add the rice and water. Gently mix.
Close the Instant Pot lid and make sure the vent is in the sealing position. Now pressure cook for 5 minutes in high pressure and release the pressure quickly after 3 minutes. (IP Formula – 5 mts manual at high pressure and QPR after 3 minutes)
Carefully open the lid after releasing the pressure and allow the biryani to cool for 10 minutes. Instead of fluffing with the fork in the Instant Pot, you can flip the rice on to a plate and let it cool and fluff too. That's what I did this time.
Enjoy the Sindhi biryani warm with raita.
- Make sure you cut the veggies into big chunks. You can use vegetables of your choice but do not add more than 1 cup.
- Adjust the salt and biryani masala according to your preference.
- Green chilies are optional, but it adds a nice kick to the biryani.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 990mg | Potassium: 890mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2805IU | Vitamin C: 28.1mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 5.8mg