Coconut Water Kheer | Elaneer Payasam
An easy dessert with just three ingredients for those sweet tooth cravings - a no-cook kheer or payasam or dessert-smoothie recipe with coconut milk, coconut water, and sweetened condensed milk.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 13.5 oz coconut milk can 1 13.5 oz can
- 4 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 14 oz coconut water 1 14 oz can
- 5 saffron strands + few more to garnish
- 2 tbsp warm water
Soak the saffron strand in warm water for 5 minutes.
Add the coconut milk and the sweet condensed milk to a blender. (You can use hand-blender as well)
Blend until the sweet condensed milk is well combined.
Now add the coconut water and mix it. No need to blend it again.
Add the soaked saffron (including the water) and refrigerate.
Garnish it with the remaining saffron strands. Serve cold.
- Adjust the sweet according to our preference.
- You can make it vegan by using coconut sugar or other vegan sugar instead of condensed milk.
- Instead of saffron strands, you can enhance the flavor with one or two cardamom pods or by adding 1 to 2 drops of rose essence.
- You can make it healthy by adding nuts, chia seeds, etc.
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 765mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 1.4% | Vitamin C: 9% | Calcium: 12.8% | Iron: 13.8%