Vegetarian Ceviche Salad | Ceviche Salad with Beans
A delicious and refreshing vegetarian version of the ceviche salad without seafood and oil but with beans. A perfect salad that you can relish any time with any meal.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Marinating Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1/2 cup Navy Beans Cooked
- 1/3 cup Kidney Beans Cooked
- 1/2 cup Onion Chopped Lengthwise
- 1/3 cup Corn Frozen
- 1 Avocado
- 3 tbsps Cilantro Chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 tsp Salt - 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Jalapeno Deseeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup Lemon juice
Chop the onion and add it to the lime juice and allow it to marinate for 20 to 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes drain the onion and do not discard the lemon juice.
Meanwhile, chop the red bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro.
Thaw the corn and microwave for two minutes and drain the water.
Mix the beans, corn, red bell pepper, salt, pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, and the marinated onion.
Drizzle some lemon juice and serve with avocado wedges.
- I cooked the beans well-ahead and used only 1/3 cup of navy beans and kidney beans for this. You can use canned beans too. Rinse it thoroughly before using.
- Instead of beans, you add cheese, paneer, tofu, tempeh for the protein choice or any other bean variety.
- Adjust the salt and spices according to your preference.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 586mg | Potassium: 489mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 430IU | Vitamin C: 28.5mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.3mg