Instant Pot White Peas and Carrot Salad | No Oil Recipe
A healthy, crunchy and no oil white peas and carrot salad with black salt perfect for your mid-morning or evening snack.
Prep Time1 hr
Cook Time20 mins
Soaking Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
Soak the white peas for atleast 1 hour. Then drain the water and add the white peas to the Instant Pot and add two cups of water.
Close the Instant Pot lid and make sure the vent is in the sealing position.
Press the manual or pressure cook button and set the time to 8 minutes.
After the Instant Pot beeps, wait for five minutes and release the pressure quickly.
Drain the water from the white peas and allow it to cool for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, grate the carrots and chop the onion and cilantro.
In a bowl, add the cooked peas, grated carrot, cilantro, onion, black salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
Mix thoroughly and serve chilled.
- Black salt adds a tangy and salty flavor to this salad. If you can source black salt, add regular salt and you can always add extra chaat masala or keep it simple only with salt.
- You can add cucumber, raw mangoes to this salad as well.
- Instead of black pepper, you can add finely chopped green chilies.
- Adjust the salt, spice and the lemon juice according to your flavor preference.
- You can use beans of your choice instead of white peas.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 422mg | Potassium: 413mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5370IU | Vitamin C: 6.1mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2.2mg