Mixed Nuts Kheer | Vegan Kheer Recipes
A rich and creamy vegan kheer for this festive season with mixed nuts - delicious mixed nuts kheer recipe with the goodness of cashews, almonds, and pistachios.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Soaking Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 15 Almonds
- 15 Cashews If you have broken cashews, take about 30 to 35
- 15 Deshelled Pistachios
- 2 tbsps Raw Rice
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- 5 cups Water 2 cups + 5 tbsps + for soaking the nuts and rice
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
Soak the nuts and rice in water for about 15 to 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, remove/peel the almond skin.
Drain the water from the nuts and grind the nuts, rice, coconut along with cardamom and cloves into a smooth paste by adding 5 tbsps of water.
Now transfer this paste to the heavy bottom vessel. Add 1 cup of water to the mixer jar, rinse it and add it to the vessel.
Mix the water and the paste together and now simmer this over medium heat until it thickens or when bubbles start to form. (It takes 4 to 5 minutes approx.)
Make sure you are stirring the mixture using a spoon or hand whisker for every 30 seconds.
When it thickens, add one more cup of water and the sugar.
Mix until the sugar dissolves and simmer it again over medium heat and bring it to one boil. (It take three to five minutes approx.)
Again, ensure you are stirring the kheer to avoid the lumps.
After the first boil, turn off the heat.
Garnish with nuts and serve it warm.
- I kept the kheer vegan, and I did not add any raisins and nuts tempered in ghee. But you can add that.
- Adjust the sugar according to your sweet preference. You can use mixed nuts or go with one variety or even include more like walnuts and pecans.
- There is no set measure; you can adjust according to your taste. Also, add more or less water depending upon your consistency preference.
- Instead of water, you can include milk or non-diary milk like almond or cashew milk.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.8mg