Rotimatic Flour Tortillas | Veggie Tacos
A detailed video recipe of the Veggie Tacos with warm and soft flour tortillas made in Rotimatic.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
For the Tacos:
- 1 tbsp Homemade Refried Beans 1 tbsp for each taco or as needed
- 1 tbsp Cooked Pinto Beans 1 tbsp for each taco or as required. See notes for options
- 1 tbsp Guacamole 1 tbsp for each taco or as required
- 2 tbsp Roasted Veggies 2 tbsps for each taco or as necessary for each taco
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream 1 tbsp for each taco or as needed
- 1 tbsp Cheese 1 tbsp for each or as required
For the Roasted Veggies:
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Zucchini
- 6 Colored Mini Bell Peppers
- 1/2 Onion
- 5 Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
Flour: Sujata Gold
Preparing the Tortillas:
Mix the salt, APF and the baking powder in a big bowl.
Transfer it to the flour container of rotimatic.
Fill in the water container and oil container. I would recommend Olive oil, but you can use other oil as well.
Now start the rotimatic and select the roti option and the flour. I used Sujata Gold.
Select your thickness, roast level, and oil. I kept everything to the minimum. You can see the setting level above.
Select the count and let the rotimatic do its magic.
Making Roasted Veggies:
In a pan add the oil.
When the oil is hot, add the all the veggies, salt, pepper, and oregano.
Saute the veggies over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and tender. Do not add any water. Salt will help the veggies to ooze out and cook until it evaporates.
Assembling the Taco:
Take the flour tortilla and spread the refried beans, followed by guacamole and sour cream.
Then add the cooked pinto beans, roasted veggies, and cheese. Fold and serve warm.
- While making the refried beans at home, I set aside the cooked beans before mashing. I used it for the taco. You can use any cooked beans of your choice either seasoned with cumin and chili powder or unseasoned as well.
- Adjust the salt and spices according to your preference.
- As my cooked beans had spice, I did not add any additional seasonings.
- You can prepare the filling of your choice with your favorite protein.
- There is no set order for the filling, you can add according to your preference.
- Also, I did not cook the tacos after adding the filling.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 680mg | Potassium: 555mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1845IU | Vitamin C: 65.1mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 3.7mg