Jalapeno Cheese Quesadilla
A delicious not-so-spicy combination of jalapenos and cheese inside the warm and soft flour tortillas.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 Flour Tortillas
- Grated Cheese of your choice - as required I used a handful for each tortilla, and also, I used organic shredded Mexican cheese blend for this
- ½ Jalapeno approx, 1 tbsp when chopped
- 1 tsp Oil + ½ tsp
Prep - Work:
Deseed the jalapeno and chop them roughly.
If you are using cheese blocks, grate the required amount.
Heat a small pan or kadai and add one tsp of oil.
When the oil is hot, add the chopped jalapenos and saute until they turn light brown on both sides like below.
Now heat a griddle or tawa and when it is hot, place the flour tortilla and spread 1/4 tsp of oil. Heat it for 20 seconds on one side and flip. Now reduce the heat thoroughly, and spread the cheese and then top it with the sauteed jalapeno pieces.
Fold it and press it and let it be on the pan until the cheese melts.
I usually let the quesadillas to cool a bit. A luke-warm stage will be the perfect one.
Cut the quesadillas into triangles.
Spread a tissue on the lunch box and place the quesadillas on top and close it with the lid.
- If needed you can add some salt while sauteing the jalapenos. But I did not add.
- Also, before spreading the cheese, you can add some taco sauce or even mayo and then add the cheese. Mayo and taco sauce adds more flavor to the quesadilla.
- This recipe is just a basic version; I have two more quesadillas coming up. So stay tuned.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg