Bhel Puri (Wet Bhel) is a savory snack prepared with puffed rice with added vegetables, sev and the popular sweet dates and tamarind chutney.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 cups Puffed Rice murmura, pori
- 1/4 cup Carrot grated
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion chopped
- 3 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 3 tbsp Cucumber chopped
- 3 tbsp Peanuts roasted
- 3 tbsp Garbanzo Beans optional, I used the canned ones
- 1 Potato optional
- 3 tbsp Sev
- 1 Green Chilly chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Sweet Chutney
- 1 tbsp Green Chutney
- 1 tsp Jal Jeera Masala heaped
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala heaped
- 1 tsp Black Salt heaped
- 1 tsp Amchur Powder heaped
- 4 Papdi
Chop the onion, cilantro, green chilly and cucumber.
I usually remove the pulp of the tomato and chop them.
Peel the carrot skin and grate them.
Boil the potato in your preferred way and mash them up.
If the murmura or puffed rice is not crisp, dry roast for a couple of minutes or sun dry them for about 1 hour.
Take the murmura in wide bowl.
Add all the chopped veggies.
Then the chutneys, dry masalas, sev and mix well.
Before serving, add the lemon juice and serve.
That’s it. Bhel puri is ready.
- You can skip papadi and use tortilla chips or ritz crackers.
- You can skip green chilly and use more green chutney or you can do the other way round as well.
- Adjust the masalas and spices as per your preference.
- I used black salt instead of regular salt. You can use half and half of both or either one.
- Any other sprouts can be used too instead of garbanzo beans.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 782mg | Potassium: 547mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3392IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 6mg