Tomato Curd Raita With Coconut| Thakkali Thayir Pachadi With Coconut
A simple and quick tomato raita prepared with freshly ground coconut-green chilly paste and curd/yogurt. A great side for variety rices.
- Ripe Tomatoes - 3 finely chopped
- Curd/Yogurt/Yoghurt - 1 cup
- To Grind
- Green Chillies - 2
- Shredded Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Water - 3 tbsps adjust accordingly
- Salt - to taste
- To Temper
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Hing - 1 tsp
- Cilantro and Curry leaves for garnishing
Grind the coconut and green chillies together into smooth paste by adding little water.
I microwave the tomatoes for couple of minutes so that it becomes soft. If your tomatoes are fully ripe and soft, you can skip this step.
Beat the yogurt and to this add the tomatoes, salt, and coconut green chilly paste and mix well.
Now in a separate tadka pan, do the tempering. Heat the oil and once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and hing.
As they start to splutter, add this to the pachadi.
That’s it. Yummy tomato pachadi is ready. Garnish it with cilantro and curry leaves.
- Adjust salt and green chilies according to your taste preference.
- Red chilies can be used too instead of green chilies. I prefer green chilies.