Beetroot Soup - A vibrant, healthy and a delicious soup prepared with beetroots and carrots with a dash of cream.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 1 cup Chopped Beetroot
- 1/4 cup Chopped Carrot
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Cream
- 1/2 tsp Salt as required
- 1/2 tsp Sugar as required
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Grated Pepper as required
- Butter & additional water as required. I did not use any
Chop the beets and carrots and set aside the required amount. Peel the garlic skin.
Pressure cook the chopped beets, carrots along with the garlic by adding 1 cup of water. Let it cook for up to 4 to 5 whistles.
Let the pressure release and allow the mix to cool a bit. Do not discard the water.
Drain the water and set aside. If you are giving this soup to your toddler, puree the entire portion of cooked beets and carrots. But for kids above 5, you can set aside 2 tbsps of cooked veggie(just for the texture) and grind the remaining. But that’s entirely your choice.
Add this ground puree to the drained water and mix well.
Let this simmer over a low flame. When it becomes frothy, add the salt, sugar, pepper and mix well.
Bring it to one boil and add the cream and turn off the heat.
That’s it. Yummy beetroot soup is ready.
- Adjust the spices and salt amount as per your preference.
- You can interchange the beets and carrot proportion and similarly prepare the soup.
- Some other veggies that I have tried similarly are butternut squash and sweet potato. But you can always play with vegetables of your choice.
Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 440mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2005IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.4mg