Baked Jicama Fries
A fiber-rich, healthy, delicious and crispy Baked Jicama Fries - a great alternative to the potato fries.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 3 Cups Chopped Jicama (length-wise)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Paprika -
Prep – Work:
Peel and Chop about 3 cups of Jicama lengthwise. I used about 1/3 portion of a large Jicama.
Line the baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
Preheat the oven to 400 deg F.
Spread the chopped jicama in the baking tray.
Drizzle olive oil, salt, and paprika and mix well. You can mix all these in a separate bowl and then spread the veggie in the baking tray too.
Bake them for about 15 minutes and toss the veggies once and bake again for 15 more minutes or until they are crunchy.
That’s it. Yummy Jicama fries are ready.
Serve with BBQ sauce or ketchup.
- I went with a simple spice mix and added only salt and paprika. But you can include cumin powder or any other favorite spice mix. The spice mix that I used for popcorn ole will be a great combo too.
- Adjust the salt and spice as per your preference.
- You can chop the jicama into thin slices and use the same spice mix and bake the same like chips too.
Calories: 41kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 617mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 162IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg