Tameta Nu Shaak | Gujarati Special Sev Tomato
Gujarati Special - tangy tomato gravy served with crunchy sev. A Perfect side for rice and roti.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- Finely chopped onion - 1/2 cup Completely optional
- Tomato - 3
- Oil - 2 tsps
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Hing - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilly - 1
- Ginger - 1-inch piece
- Coriander powder - 1.5 tsps
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp adjust according to the sourness of tomatoes
- Sev - as required I used store bought sev for this recipe, you can find the homemade sev recipe here.
- Cilantro to garnish
Heat the kadai and add oil.
Once the oil is hot add the cumin seeds and hing.
Once the mustard seeds start to splutter, then add the onions and green chilly ginger mix.
Saute till the onions turn translucent and then add the tomatoes.
Add all the masalas - turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder, and salt.
Mix well. Cover and cook till the tomatoes turn soft.
Add the sugar and mix well.
That's it. The curry is ready.
Garnish it with cilantro and add the sev just before serving.
- Onion is optional.
- Adjust the sugar according to the sourness of tomatoes.
- Adjust the salt and spices as per your preference.