I think I took a long break for Thanksgiving :-) But I am back with simple soup recipe.Kiddo loves this soup. And he used to have this soup every other day when he was toddler. Still I make this soup but use this as a base for other stews. And you can add any veggies that you want in this soup. Soup is one of the best way to sneak in the vegetables for kids. :-)
This time when I made this soup, I added drumstick and masoor dhal. So here is the recipe.
Tomato and Carrot soup
- Masoor dhal – 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes – 3
- Carrot – 1
- Drumstick – 1
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – 2 tsps
- You can adjust salt, butter and pepper according to your taste.
- Radish, squash will go well with this soup.
- Dhal is optional
- Chops the tomatoes, carrots, drumstick (any other veggies) roughly and pressure cook along with the dhal for unto 4 whistles.
- Let it cool and if you can remove the tomato skin do at this time, if not you can grind them and strain it later.
- Also take out the pulp and seeds from the boiled drumstick and remove the skin.
- Grind everything together by adding 1 cup of water.
- Now heat the grinded mixture by adding salt, pepper and 1 tsp of butter.
- Let it boil and thats it simple and yummy soup is ready.
Serve it hot with butter and croutons or with bread.