I got this idea of roti rolls from Ani. Best way to sneak in vegetables and easy to pack for lunch also. I wanted to add a little twist to the regular curry so thought of making it like frankie. I wanted to say this is completely my version of aloo frankie. I have never been to Mumbai and never tasted a frankie there. Just including the ingredients according to our likes.
I used the left over potato-onion curry for this roll. You can find the recipe here. I used big jeera or fennel seeds while tempering.
Here is what you need for the roll: (Please adjust the measurements according to your taste)
- Potato Onion Curry – 1 tbsp for each roti
- Ketchup – 1 tsp for each roti
- Sev – 2 tsps for each roti (You can also use crushed peanuts)
- Warm the roti and first spread the ketchup
- In one corner, place 1 tbsp of the aloo curry and sprinkle some sev, peanuts and cilantro.
- Roll it like a burrito as shown in the picture.
Thats it yummy and mess free aloo frankie is ready. Perfect for lunch box too.
Submitting this post for Blogging Marathon #48 – A 3 day marathon for 4 weeks
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging marathoner doing BM#48