I have mentioned in the blog before that I am big time soup lover. I can have soups, irrespective of the weather and time. I tried this soup for the first time at my office cafe. Its a yummy, creamy soup and loaded with cheese. Broccoli a very healthy veggie with lot of vitamins and minerals. Luckily vaandu likes this veggie very much. I usually bake it for him. He is also a big soup fan and I thought why can’t I try this broccoli soup. This is what I did,
My soup did curdle a bit as I used 2% milk and also curdling depends upon the cheese variety. Here are some tips for rich and creamy soup.
- Broccoli – 15 florets
- Milk (2%) – 1 cup
- Water – 3 cups
- Salt – 1 tsp (as per your taste)
- Pepper – 1.5 tsp (as per taste)
- Sharp Cheddar cheese grated – 1/2 cup (You can opt for mild cheddar too)
- Pressure cook broccoli 1.5 c ups of water.
- Let it cool down and blend it nicely.
- Now simmer this broccoli mixture along with 1 cup of milk in medium heat.
- Salt salt and pepper and the grated cheese.
- Once the cheese melts, remove it from the heat and its ready to serve.