This week theme for the BM is festival recipes. For any festival or function or even any auspicious day, we make kheer/payasam, vadai, pachadi and kosambari or kosamalli. When these festival days falls on weekend, there is no issues in preparing these dishes. But if it falls on weekday, morning becomes really hectic and crazy. With packing lunch boxes and preparing neividiyams, it becomes really difficult. Here are three dishes that can be prepared with less than 30 minutes. The first one is the kheer. I am using evaporated milk and condensed milk along with regular milk. Evaporated milk is dehydrated milk and it has longer shelf time. Basically as we say tamil it is the sunda kachina paal. It saves a lot of time.
Kheer with evaporated and condensed milk
- Condensed Milk – half a can (7 oz)
- Evaporated Milk – 1 can
- Semiya/Vermicelli or Poha or even rice – 1/2 cup
- I am using pre roasted vermicelli for this recipe
- Regular milk – 3/4 cup
- Crushed cardamom and cloves – 1 tsp
- Dry fruits and nuts – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tsps
- Heat a heavy bottom vessel and add the 3/4 cup of regular milk.
- Let it heat for about 2-3 mts and then add the vermicelli.
- Let the vermicelli cook for about 4 mts.
- Now add the evaporated milk and condensed milk.
- Mix well and make sure the condensed milk dissolves completely.
- Add the crushed cardamom and cloves.
- Let it simmer for about 6-7 minutes.
- In a separate kadai heat the ghee and roast the dry fruits and nuts and add it to the kheer.
Thats it, yummy kheer is ready within 30 minutes.
Submitting this post for Blogging Marathon #46 – A 3 day marathon for 4 weeks
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging marathoner doing BM#46