Next in the chutney series is the onion tomato chutney. Its pretty much same like the tomato chutney. Along with tomato, we add onion and its as simple as that. Me and my brother love this chutney and for some reason we mix gingelly oil with this chutney . (weird huh???) But it tastes really good. Give it a try.
- Onions- 1 (medium size)
- Dried Red Chillies -3 to 4
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Urad Dhal – 1tbsp
- Channa Dhal – 1tbsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp (as required)
- Oil – 1 tsp + 1 tsp
- Tomatoes – 3 medium sized ones
- Hing – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves (optional)
- Chop onion and tomatoes into medium size cubes
- Fry urad dhal, channa dhal and red chillies till they have turned golden brown along with Hing.
- In the same kadai, heat 1 tsp of oil and fry the onion (if using garlic add them too) till the raw smell goes and just saute tomatoes for couple of minutes.
- Grind the fried dhals, onion and tomatoes together along with salt. (No need to add water)
- Temper mustard seeds and add it to the chutney.