Welcome to the 4nd day of Baking Mania.
I was planning to post a microwave recipe today, then when I realized its Easter weekend, I thought why not try some carrot cake? I took the base recipe from here. This time when I prepared the cake I didn’t add any walnuts as I was running out of walnuts. Instead added a handful of raisins. Also I went with regular milk instead of soy milk. Used additional milk to brush the top to get a soft crust. Any cream frosting will be good with this cake or simply whipping cream with fresh fruits would do too. Here is the simple carrot cake recipe. Have a great long weekend.
Eggless Carrot Cake - Easter Special
- Maida/All purpose flour – 1.25 cups
- Grated carrots – 1 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Butter at room temperature – 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1/4 cup + 2 tbsps
- Baking Powder – 1.5 tsps
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Sieve maida twice and keep aside. Finely grate the carrots.
- Mix the flour and sugar. Then add the butter, carrots, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- I used the hand mixer and mixed them well in low speed.
- Then added the wet ingredients vanilla essence and milk and mix them in low speed till they incorporate well.
- Finally add the raisins and fold them into the batter.
- Grease the cake pan and add the batter.
- Brush the top with 2 tbsps of milk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degree F for 30 to 35 mts till a fork inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool down for 10 mins, then invert