A simple no stove recipe that we usually do for Sri Rama Navami, Ugadi and Humanth Jayanthi. It is one of the easiest dish and at days when I am not able to make kheer I usually prepare this dish for prasadams. In our house hold this dish is a must for Ugadi.
- Crushed jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Dried ginger powder – 1 tsp
- Elaichi/Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Just mix all the above ingredients together.
- We are crushing the jaggery so that it dissolves well in the water. Sometimes it may take little longer, leave it for 5 minutes or so and paanagam is ready.