Thanks to my friend JV for sharing this recipe with me. This kurma can be prepared in no time. It’s a one pot dish, easy to make and it tastes great. It goes well with Chapati / Parotta or Poori.
The ratio of red chilly to dhaniya powder is 1:2.
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Tomatoes – 3 (finely chopped)
Ginger – Garlic paste – 1tsp
Mixed Veggies like potatoes/carrots/beans/cauliflower/peas – 2cups
Salt – as per taste
Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
Dhaniya/Coriander powder – 2 tsps
Oil – 2 tbsps
Water – 2 cups
Chopped Cilantro – 2 tbsp
Shredded coconut – 1 cup
Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
Fennel Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Grind coconut, poppy seeds and fennel seeds into smooth paste adding little bit water.
- Heat the pressure cooker or pressure pan and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the chopped onions.
- As the onions become translucent add the chopped tomatoes and salt. (For the above measurement I added 2 tsps of salt)
- Cook the tomatoes for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the red chilly powder and Dhaniya powder.
- Saute them for 3-4 minutes, so that the raw smell of masala goes away.
- Add the vegetables and mix well.
- Add the grinded Masala and the water.
- Pressure cook it for up to 2 whistles.
Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with Chapati.